Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No Strings Attached

Typical for me, I've been eating the Engine 2 Diet now for over a month and I haven't lost a pound.  The good news is that my weight has stabilized more.  I still go up and down four pounds on any day, but no more and no less.  I think perhaps this is a period of time when my body is realizing it isn't a yo-yo.  It doesn't have to perform tricks.  It doesn't have to react every time someone jerks on the string.  It can just be!  No strings attached, just free!

I started a Yin and Hatha Yoga class.  It is wonderful.  It isn't rough, or pretzel in its approach.  It is about deep breathing, stretching, connecting from the inside out.  I'm amazed how centered I am when I leave.  There I can breathe.  There I can relax.  There I am safe.  No phones, no demands, no papers to write, no books to check in or out.  I'm just there and all is right with the world.   Of course the problem with that is that it only lasts 2 hours and then I'm back out in the midst of the other ants racing around to build the hill.  I try to hang on to some of it, but the world works to rob me of my peace.  I guess that is its job.  My job is to ignore it, to say no, and to use my breathing to stay connected.  If I'm with the ants, I'm the one humming, peacefully to myself in the corner.

Off to make myself a Rip's big bowl.  I'm totally addicted to this breakfast.  It is so good and lasts all morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment