Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day Three No Sweat

Well today was an easy day.  I'm not one to jump into a lot of new things at once so I like to Keep It Simple, Stupid.  So I am sticking with Rips Big Bowl for the moment for breakfast.  Today I did make the portabello mushroom burgers and I'm still eating the massive amount of Pasta Primavera.

I was a little afraid that the steroids would make me hungrier than normal.  They usually do.  So far though this veggie life is filling me up.  I can already tell a huge difference in my personal thermostat by increasing the soy and losing the sugar.  I have no hormones so usually I'm pretty miserable all of the time but especially in the summer.  The last time I went on E2 I noticed my thermostat worked better and had forgotten how quickly things improved off the processed, sugar laden, soy deprived semi-food I used to consume.

I'm enjoying reading all of the blogs that I got off of Jonny O's site.  I look forward to reading the posts each day.  I honestly feel like we are all in this together.  It strengthens me when I'm tired and someone brings fresh bagels with cream cheese into the office.  I can say no so much easier knowing others are making the same smart choices for their life as well!  

3 comments:

  1. Say NO to the cheese and bagels that aren't whole grains. I know, I know, not as easy when you're tired or when I go to lunch with a bunch of teachers on a workday at our favorite resurant. Yes, I've been playing at this (with 3 grown vegan kids) for some time now. Do what you can--no guilt over the rest. One day, one bite at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the wagon is working for you, too. I agree - it helps me stay focused when I know you all are out there facing the same battles I am!

    Great news that eating plant-strong is helping your internal thermostat :) August can be pretty miserable - hopefully it will be an enjoyable one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had good luck with the hot flashes by doing lots and lots of cardio exercise.

    ReplyDelete