Monday, August 15, 2011

Sticky Stories

Ten days, two migraines and an ongoing coup by the right side of my body, but I'm back.  I did eat meat!  I know, I know, the migraine was hitting me hard and the only options involved meat so I ate it.  Skipping food tends to intensify my migraines so I took care of myself the best way I could in that moment.  Then I started beating myself up.  I didn't deserve to continue, I had messed up so why not give up, all those old shame strategies.  This morning I woke and realized that I am eating better.  I am being better to myself, so I slipped, but I didn't slide.  So, here I am again.  Veggies, soy milk and calm in hand still a part of this journey.   I never intended to limit it to 28 days.  I know this is a life long change.  During those years spreading out before me I will eat meat.  I know I will.  I will have a day where it is an option and it is, given the circumstances, the best option to take care of myself.  My overall goal was to take better care of myself.  I am still within that goal.  I'm being less legalistic, more realistic, for forgiving of myself and others, and yes, I'm eating vegetables, fruits and whole grains.   So I'm  back on track and moving forward down the road to  a new kinder, gentler, and more compassionate life.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment