Friday, August 5, 2011

Yoga, Veggies and Rest

Happy Friday!!!  What a wonderful week of taking care of myself!  I know it doesn't probably sound like a big deal but for me to actually keep my own best interest on the front burner is a major achievement!  I am grateful that the E2 diet makes the new way of eating so simple.  Off and on I've been stressed this week, but instead of throwing in the towel I chose to remain focused on taking care of myself.  I ignored all the old voices in my head that wanted to quote incorrect nutritional nonsense.  I can still hear the Mulligan Stew 4-4-3-2 mantra from the second grade curriculum/cartoon series.  I have found that dealing with stress is actually a lot easier when I'm filling up on healthy food, getting proper rest and spending time centering with yoga and meditation.

Tonight I made a modified Ann's Panini.  It was great and I have enough left for lunch tomorrow. Before when I tried the veggie life I felt overwhelmed and afraid of the trying the new ingredients and recipes.  I think my parents, who are now in their 70's, are my inspiration.  At 70 they both decided to completely overhaul their eating habits.  They read Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr., M.D. and have been vegan for 2.5 years now.  If they can completely do a 180 after 70 years of eating habits surely I can do it after 45.

I continue to gain inspiration also from all fellow travelers on the vegan wagon!  Thanks to all for sharing your progress, discoveries, struggles and triumphs!!!  

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful role models you have to look up to! I also saw your comment re them on Veggie Teach's blog - what a fantastic story!

    Haha - I have Mulligan Stew running through my head now, too!

    ReplyDelete