Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Steroids, Work and E2

Headed to the doctor today and he gave me steroids to help me get over this lingering cold/flu.  I took my little pills and then headed back to work.  It was tough at first.  I'd missed over a week of work being sick and to be honest I was rusty!  Is that an age thing?  I love my job but today I felt like I was hiking through mud all day.  I'm hoping it will go better tomorrow.

The steroids are already helping with my wacky immune system and clearing out the congestion.  I can actually hear MY voice again and not that gravelly, old man voice I've been sporting for a week and a half.

While at work I learned that Saturday there is a party at a friend's house to say goodbye to a summer worker.  They were talking coconut cupcakes and margaritas.  I can't have either so I'm wondering what I can do to stay on my plan and still be a part of this party.  Any suggestions fellow E2'ers?

Hang in there one and all, two days down the road and all is well!

2 comments:

  1. "Hiking through mud" -- love that. Describes the parenting days I've been having lately to a T. Glad to hear you're beginning to feel a bit better.

    Perhaps you could take along a nice fruit salad for everyone? Outings like that are tough; being prepared with an alternative, whether it's a single serving for yourself or a dish to pass, will be key. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I think I will make a fruit salad or maybe a huge veggie packed salad to take! They are ordering out so my salad could be their side and my meal! Thanks for the support and suggestion! I am so grateful for the new friends I'm making on this journey!!!

    ReplyDelete